At the beginning of this year, I published my 17 Goals for 2017. Three months in, I thought I would take stock of how I'm doing so far:
- Submit a grant proposal.
- Continue working with my former employer. I start next month!
Apply for Advocacy Corps.(January 12, 2017) The application deadline is April 10, so I will hopefully know within a matter of weeks whether I was accepted or not. Keep your fingers crossed!
- Read 52 books in the year. (In progress) 8/52 completed. I did well in January, but work began picking up in February so reading has really taken a backseat.
- Hit the pause button on reading challenges. (In progress) So far, so good. I've been reading what I want, when I want and it's kind of an amazing concept.
- Pay off a credit card. (In progress)
- Open up college savings accounts for the boys. #momfail
- Publish at least 3 posts per week. (In progress) Over the last three months, I've averaged 2.6 posts per week. I'm not quite there, but I'm getting better!
Have one of myDMB posts garner more than 1,000 pageviews.(January 30, 2017) Not only did I reach my goal, but I blew it out of the water! What I Wish Someone Had Told Me about Postpartum Sex received 2600 pageviews in January!
- Do the splits. Ha!
- Run 13 miles. Haha!
Hit my goal weight.(March 28, 2017) I snuck in just under the deadline, but I did it! I hit my goal weight of 120 lbs. I will have to write a separate post on how I made it happen, but for now- hooray!
I promise, I'm not trying to be gross or attention-seeking, but since this was one of my goals for 2017, I feel it's worth documenting. Left was taken 3 weeks postpartum. Right was taken this morning, after I realized I hit my goal of 120 lbs! Guys, I haven't weighed 120 in at least 7 years! I credit this 100% to our food budgeting- no snacks, no tummy 😂
- Convert basement into playroom. (In progress) All I've managed to do thus far is turn one of the walls into a chalkboard wall, but it's a work in progress!
- Finish painting and designing upstairs bedroom. (In progress) I removed the outdated paneling and painted the fireplace with chalkboard paint. We still have a long way to go, though. Check out my progress and inspiration board here.
Plant a backyard garden.(March 23, 2017) We have a garden! We're a few concrete blocks short, so it looks pretty jankity at the moment, but it's a place for our lettuce, spinach, kale, and onions to grow so I'm a happy girl!
- Go on monthly dates. (In progress) In January we had a restaurant date at Cooper's Hawk in Cincinnati. February was a swing and a miss. Our one opportunity to go out while my Mom was visiting just happened to be the same weekend I was in bed with the stomach bug, so no Mommy/Daddy date night for us. This month, we got a couple bottles of wine and snuggled up on the couch to watch Chef's Table on Netflix. I realize how lame that sounds, but it was a wonderful evening and so needed.
- Take a weekend getaway for our fifth anniversary.
> > >
Four out of 17 is pretty good! How have you been doing at your goals for the year?