As promised, there's a whole lot of wedding planning updates to share! My Mom and I had so much fun looking at colors, flowers and taking advantage of some serious wedding sales.
This was what we were able to check off our to-do list:
- Our guest list is finally done! It's literally taken months for Chuck's mom and I to finish the list. I always wanted a small wedding, but with Chuck having so many family and friends it's going to be a bit bigger than I had anticipated...
- Finally having our list, my Mom typed up the Save-the-Dates and is sending them out today!
- I bought my wedding dress from an Etsy seller in Mexico. Months later it finally came and didn't fit like I was hoping. (Sad face). Luckily enough, my Mom is a seamstress extraordinaire and is going to do the alterations herself! I'm so happy because I really do love the dress and the changes that she's going to make are only going to make it that much more beautiful.
- And speaking of my dress...
|You didn't think I was actually going to show you, did you?|
- I had pretty much given up hope of ever finding bridesmaid dresses that came in the colors I wanted and the sizes I needed, but while we were perusing Hobby Lobby, my Mom had the best idea: Pick out the fabric and the girls can make their own dresses! I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner. That way, I'm happy, my girls can have a dress that they feel comfortable in, and 1/3 of my ladies have a seamstress for a Mom so I'm thinking the odds are pretty good!
- This is the fabric I picked out...
- While at Hobby Lobby we also stumbled upon the last day of a 50% Off Wedding Sale! I wound up getting 100 invitations (including envelopes and response cards) for $25! I couldn't believe my luck!
- Take a look at my budget-friendly wedding invites:
|I'm going to add some confetti to spice them up a bit!|
After all the stress I've given myself trying to pull this shindig together, I'm actually finally enjoying it! I commented to my Mom that I finally feel like I'm supposed to feel and I'm not going to let stress get the best of me. This is going to be the day I remember for the rest of my life, so it's time to start being excited and having fun with it!
At the end of the day, I get to marry my best friend and you can't get much better than that.